Simi Valley, December 29th, 2013: Art of Living classes (affiliated to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (http://www.artofliving.org/).
There is a very experienced instructor coming from San Francisco coming to teach the course for 3 days in Simi Valley.
The Art of Living Foundation (AOLF) is a non-profit, educational and humanitarian organization founded in 1981 by the world-renown philanthropist and spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
Location: Simi Valley (at Radha Bihari Temple)
Dates: Jan 3rd to Jan 5th 2014.
There are 3 courses being conducted.
1) Art Of Meditation (Sahaj Samadhi Meditation) for Adults ( No prerequisites)
Meditating is the delicate art of doing nothing: letting go of everything and being who you are. –Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The ART Excel course supports the overall well-being of children by teaching them a variety of empowering techniques that foster peace of mind, mental clarity and focus, physical relaxation and emotional stability.
This course is taught through games and activities where students learn valuable lessons in sharing with others, working and playing in harmony and developing a sense of belonging with others.
Children become more self-expressive, comfortable and natural with diverse groups of people. Activities such as making a new friend each day and random acts of kindness help students to become aware of the needs of others and encourage the integration of human values into their daily lives
In order to be successful in life children need academic skills as well as life skills.
ART Excel students learn:
- The Six Golden Keys to Success
- Yoga and breathing processes which help eliminate fear and anxiety
- Techniques that enhance focus and concentration
- Simple meditation and relaxation techniques
- Skills in friendship, leadership and teamwork.
3) Art of Living course for Teens, YES (kids 14 – 18 years).
The Youth Empowerment Seminar (YES!) is a dynamic and fun program that challenges teens to take responsibility for their life and provides a comprehensive set of practical tools for releasing stress, mastering emotions, and raising self-awareness.
The program addresses:
- Teens’ physical, mental, social, and emotional development
- Breathing techniques to relieve stress and bring the mind into focus
- Dynamic games and yoga
- Practical knowledge to create awareness
- Experiential processes to develop problem-solving strategies
- Dynamic group discussions designed to help teens feel at ease in challenging situations, increase confidence, withstand criticism and peer pressure