When: Saturday, February 01, 2014 from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM or earlier
Venue: Midwest Badminton club, 2019 Corporate Ln, Suite 103, Naperville, IL – 60563
Entry Fee: $10 for TAGC members, $15 for non-members
Deadline: Registration should be done online by January 27th, 2014
NOTE: Late or onsite registration is not allowed
Contact: [email protected] for any queries
This is an individual tournament, which has separate groups for Men, Women, and Youth.
15 years and below is considered youth. 16 years and above grouped into Men or Women category as appropriate.
TAGC may consider categorizing additional age groups based on registration.
Prizes to the top scoring 3 individual players in each section. Winners will be awarded during TAGC Ugadi celebrations.
- Tournament is Double Elimination Format
- A double elimination tournament is a competition with a defined number of entrants where teams or players are not knocked out, or eliminated, until they lose two matches)
- Winners and losers brackets
- Every player will get a chance to play at least 2 matches
- A match is composed of best of 3, 5 or 7 games, depending on the progress of the tournament.
- All games will be best of 3 games except
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals: Best of 5 games
- Finals: Best of 7 games.
- Each game is played for 11 points, alternating service game every 2 points.
- On deuces (10-10), players alternate service every 1 point. Win by 2 points difference.
- Switch sides every game.
- Non-dominant hand should not touch the table while point is in session, but touching the dominant hand counts as a valid hit/return.
- The ball has to be tossed for each service. (Ball must physically leave the hand before making contact with bat)
- All other basic rules apply.
Note: Format is subject to change depending on the participation.
- If a Non-Member pays member registration fee, he/she is expected to pay the difference before the tournament starts, or take the TAGC membership and bring the confirmation email to the event.
- Cancellation has to be at least 3 days before the event day to get the full refund.
- Participants or the parents/guardian (for participants below 18 years) will be required to sign a disclaimer form at the event.
- Participant will be disqualified if the full payment is not received before the event start time.
- Participant should be at the event on time, else may get disqualified.
- No refunds will be given if disqualified.
- TAGC has the authority to disqualify any participant at any time for misconduct.
Bring your own bats, TAGC will provide balls
If you need assistance filling the information or have questions please email [email protected] or call one of the following TAGC Sports representatives:
Uma Katiki – (630) 410 8134
Pradeep Kandimalla – (630) 401 5211
Ravi Upad – (408) 203 8978
Srinivas Pedamallu – (630) 355 8499